[Numpy-discussion] Numpy 1.3 release date ?

David Cournapeau cournape at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 21:04:25 EST 2009

On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 11:49 PM, Pierre GM <pgmdevlist at gmail.com> wrote:
> All,
> When can we expect numpy 1.3 to be released ?

Looking at the log from 1.2.x, the main committers were Charles
Harris, you and me for (that makes ~ 80 % of the commits) for *numpy*.
Then, there is the doc itself, which has seen major work I believe,
although I have not followed much.

Talking about the things I have worked on for 1.3, I did not have the
time to finish everything. The things which I would like to be done
before a 1.3.0 release are:
 - fix formatting issues that Pauli and me worked on (for locale
independence and all): I believe it is mostly a matter of merging the
changes in the trunk, and testing. Pauli, do you agree ?
 - make sure 1.3.0 builds and runs fine on 2.6, in particular on windows.
 - see if one can support windows x64.

I think official 2.6 support (with binaries for the platforms where we
support binaries), x64 support and everything which has been done
already would be enough to make a release.

David