[Numpy-discussion] Purpose for bit-wise and'ing the initial mersenne twister key?

Michael S. Gilbert michael.s.gilbert at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 17:57:23 EST 2009

Ok, so isn't this a slight waste of memory then (a doubling on 64-bit platforms)?  Of course the tradeoff is whether you want to maintain two codebases for 32- and 64-bit or just one.  The advantages of a single codebase probably outweight an increase in memory usage since we're only talking about the difference between 2kB and 4kB, which is fairly insignificant.

Mike