[Numpy-discussion] ANN: HDF5 for Python 1.1

Francesc Alted faltet at pytables.org
Tue Feb 10 06:29:48 EST 2009

Hi Stephen,

A Tuesday 10 February 2009, Stephen Simmons escrigué:
> I have lots of LZO-compressed datasets created with PyTables.
> There's a real barrier to using both h5py and PyTables if the fast
> decompressor options are just LZF on h5py and LZO on PyTables.

You can always use ptrepack utility in PyTables to convert your existing
PyTables files compressed with LZO to zlib, which is the standard
compressor used by HDF5.  From that, you can reconvert them to LZF if
this is your whish.

HTH,

--
Francesc Alted