[Numpy-discussion] image processing using numpy-scipy?

Prashant Saxena animator333 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 27 11:57:29 EST 2009

Hi,

This a little wiered problem. I am having a black and white image. (black background)
Entire image is filled with noisy white patterns of different size and shape. I need to fill the
white patches if there area is more then given one. Logically this could possible to use a quickfill algorithm
for every pixel and if the filled area generated by that pixel is more then given area(in pixel) then paint that
patch (filled area) with black.

I have read the docs of PIL but there is no function for this. Can I use numpy-scipy for the matter?
The image size is 1K.

Any help would be greatly apperciated.

Regards
Prashant