[Numpy-discussion] image processing using numpy-scipy?

Prashant Saxena animator333 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 27 14:42:47 EST 2009

Well,

I came up with a slightly different approach.

Get the first row on the image.
It would be something like this:
[1,1,1,0,0,0,1,1,0,0,1]
1 = white, 0 = black.
Run the floodfill on [0],[6] and [10] pixel
if floodfill area is smaller then given area then paint that area black
if floodfill area is larger then given area then copy that area to another image of same dimension and paint this area also black here.
This would save tons of per pixel iteration. Next row would surely be having less number of white pixels to do the iteration.

Now I need an efficient floodfill algorithm for above logic and I hope this will work.

Prashant