[Numpy-discussion] Call for testing: full blas/lapack builds of numpy on windows 64 bits

David Cournapeau cournape at gmail.com
Sat Feb 28 14:00:10 EST 2009

On Sat, Feb 28, 2009 at 6:46 AM, Darren Dale <dsdale24 at gmail.com> wrote:

> VC++ 2005 redistributable (32 and 64 bit)
> VC++ 2008 express edition sp1
> VC++ 2008 redistributable x86
> MVS 2008 remote debugger light (x74)
> MS windows sdk for VS 2008 headers and libraries
> MS windows sdk for VS 2008 SP1 express tools for .Net
> MS windows sdk for VS 2008 SP1 express tools for win32
>
> Have you considered distributing the windows installer as an msi? I dont
> think you need to run those installers with admin privs on Vista.

The point was mainly to see if mingw could produce usable binaries.
Msi or not should not matter, normally (but we never know, this is
windows after all) - hopefully we will be able to produce MSI for the
release. Producing msi is a bit of a pain because of a stupid check
against development version which I don't know how to remove (if
distutils detects that the version is a dev version, it refuses to
build msi).

cheers,

David