[Numpy-discussion] help with typemapping a C function to use numpy arrays

Rich E reakinator at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 11:06:06 EST 2009

Egor,

Thanks for the help.  I think I want to leave the C code as-is
however, as it is perfectly fine there no knowing 'sizeOutMag' because
it can deduce both array sizes from one variable.  There are many
other similar cases in my code (many where the size of the array is
known by a member of a structure passed to the function).

Maybe I should look into using an 'insertion block' of code in the
interface file, instead of trying to typemap the array?  I am thinking
I may just be able to copy the generated code (from SWIG) into my
interface file to do this, but I have not tried it yet.

I will experiment a little and post again.  Thanks and happy holidays!

regards,
Rich