[Numpy-discussion] coding style: citations

Alan G Isaac aisaac at american.edu
Tue Jan 13 14:36:34 EST 2009

On 1/13/2009 1:55 PM Tim Michelsen apparently wrote:
> Please have a look at:
> http://bitbucket.org/birkenfeld/sphinx/issue/63/make-sphinx-read-bibtex-files-for
>
> And the example Sphinx project at:
> #3 -
> http://bitbucket.org/birkenfeld/sphinx/issue/63/make-sphinx-read-bibtex-files-for#comment-3397
>
> I would appreciate very much to receive any feedback on my approach.

If I understand, you are using bib4txt.py to do this?
Then I can offer to help if you run into problems.

Note that bib4txt can do citation reference substitution.
I cannot tell if you are doing that separately.

You did not say specifically what the docstring problem
is, but the obvious difficulty is the following:
in a document a reference points to a citation *in that document*,
while in a docstring it is not clear whether you want that.
(I.e., should the citation text be in the docstring or
in a file of citations from all the docstrings?)

Alan Isaac