[Numpy-discussion] any news concerning numpy for python-2.6 on windows?

Peter numpy-discussion at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Thu Jan 15 07:51:50 EST 2009

On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 1:35 AM, David Cournapeau
<david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp> wrote:

> There will be 2.6 installers for numpy 1.3. I am not aware of any vista
> problems as long as python itself and numpy are installed for all users
> - I would like to know about them otherwise,
>
> David

Are there any plans to back-port the required fixes to the numpy 1.2
branch in order to provide numpy 1.2 on Windows?  If numpy 1.3 is due
out fairly shortly, this isn't so pressing I suppose.

However, having numpy 1.2 available would be helpful for Windows
users, especially if it allows them a more gradual transition from
numpy 1.1 to numpy 1.3 as I'm sure there will be a few
deprecations/API changes to deal with.

Thanks,

Peter