[Numpy-discussion] Please don't use google code for hosting

Matthew Brett matthew.brett at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 14:05:42 EST 2009

Hi,

> Seems odd that you'd post that from a gmail account.

I'm not saying Google in general is bad.   I'm just suggesting that,
in the particular case of Google code, it would allow greater openness
if you use something else.

> I do sympathize with
> your suggestion, but I don't have a better alternative to Google code for my
> project.

I sympathize too!

> Maybe it would be best to address this limitation with Google
> directly.

I'd like to change Google's policy, but I doubt my suggestion will
change their minds.  I'm most interested in making sure the code is
freely available (to everyone).

Best,

Matthew