[Numpy-discussion] Please don't use google code for hosting

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 13:56:06 EST 2009

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 11:20 AM, Matthew Brett <matthew.brett at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> Do you also know how the situation is with sourceforge/launchpad/trac...
>> and other popular hosting systems ?
>> Do they also have these restrictions ?
>
> I've not noticed any problems with sourceforge, nor launchpad - I'm
> using them regularly from here.   You'd hope that was the case for
> launchpad - when my browser started this morning, it reminded me of
> the Ubuntu / Canonical mission - http://www.canonical.com/aboutus
>
>    1)  delivering the world's best free software platform
>    2)  ensuring its availability to everyone

Also, remember that launchpad makes it pretty trivial to set up a bzr
branch off an external SVN or other repo.  So it should  be very easy
to create launchpad projects that track existing google code ones you
are interested in.

Not arguing with your original point, just providing more info on a
viable workaround in the meantime, especially since it's quite likely
that projects already on google code will not switch hosts due to this
issue.

Best,