[Numpy-discussion] Building on WinXP 64-bit, Intel Compilers

Michael Colonno mcolonno at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 11:18:47 EST 2009

   I think this is doable; thankfully the Intel compilers on Windows and
Linux are very similar in behavior. The exact same build scripts
*should*work fine provided the file extensions (.o --> .obj) and flags
(-L, etc.)
are modified. In terms of syntax this should be an easy thing to do (it was
with the free-standing F2PY) , but I will need some help navigating through
the magic you refer to. I will put some effort into this and write back if I
hit a roadblock. As an aside: how were the Windows 32-bit installers
created? Is it possible to recreate this process changing the target arch
--> x64?

   Thanks again,
   ~Mike C.