[Numpy-discussion] Building on WinXP 64-bit, Intel Compilers

David Cournapeau cournape at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 02:20:31 EST 2009

On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 9:41 AM, Michael Colonno <mcolonno at gmail.com> wrote:
>    This is the first failure in the build log:
>
> _configtest.c
> _configtest.c(1): catastrophic error: could not open source file
> "inttypes.h"
>   #include <inttypes.h>
>                        ^
>
> compilation aborted for _configtest.c (code 4)
> failure.

That's strange, because configtest.c means it is a configuration test,
and failure just means the tested feature is not available on the
platform - it should certainly not stop the build process. Is this
with Intel compiler ? I think I remembered having seen some bug either
in python or Intel Compiler in the error return code when launching
intel compiler in a subprocess.

I just checked the last svn version on windows 64: it builds OK with
compiler version 15 (either VS 2008 for 64 bits, which I don't have
access to, or with the Platform SDK 6.1, which is free).

David