[Numpy-discussion] roots and high-order polynomial

Fabrice Silva silva at lma.cnrs-mrs.fr
Mon Jul 6 11:57:56 EDT 2009

Le lundi 06 juillet 2009 à 17:13 +0200, Nils Wagner a écrit :
> IIRC, the coefficients of your polynomial are complex.
> So, you cannot guarantee that the roots are complex
> conjugate pairs.

Correct! If the construction is done with X1 and X1* treated separately,
the coefficients appear to be complex. But if their processing is done
simultaneously, the combination gives real coefficients. Let me modify
this point and come back to tell you if it is the breakpoint...
--
Fabrice Silva
Laboratory of Mechanics and Acoustics - CNRS