[Numpy-discussion] Reductions and binary ops on recarrays...

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 14:32:28 EDT 2009

2009/7/30 Stéfan van der Walt <stefan at sun.ac.za>:
> I'm in favour of such a patch, but I'd like to see whether we can't do
> it at the C level for structured arrays in general.

That would indeed be ideal.  But I should add that I was not proposing
it as a patch, rather as a utility others might find useful to keep
around.  I simply don't have the bandwidth right now to develop this
idea to the level where it can be pushed upstream, yet we find these
tools very useful for our daily work, so I figured they could also be
useful to someone else.

Cheers,