[Numpy-discussion] numpy.int32, type inheritance and tp_flags

David Cournapeau david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Tue Jun 2 01:08:26 EDT 2009

Hi,

    I have a question related to #1121
(http://projects.scipy.org/numpy/ticket/1121). With python 2.6,
PyInt_Check(a) if a is an instance of numpy.int32 does not work anymore.
It think this is related to the python issue 2263
(http://bugs.python.org/issue2263), where the tp_flags has been changed
for the python int object, change which influences PyInt_Check behavior.

What should we do about it ? Right now, it looks like the bitfields are
harcoded in scalar types - shouldn't we inherit them from the original
python types (in a field per field manner) instead ?

cheers,

David