[Numpy-discussion] performance matrix multiplication vs. matlab

Chris Colbert sccolbert at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 17:37:49 EDT 2009

I'll caution anyone from using Atlas from the repos in Ubuntu 9.04  as the
package is broken:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/atlas/+bug/363510

just build Atlas yourself, you get better performance AND threading.
Building it is not the nightmare it sounds like. I think i've done it a
total of four times now, both 32-bit and 64-bit builds.

If you need help with it,  just email me off list.

Cheers,

Chris

On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 2:46 PM, Matthieu Brucher <matthieu.brucher at gmail.com