[Numpy-discussion] Interactive Shell/Editor/Workspace(variables)View/Plots

Gael Varoquaux gael.varoquaux at normalesup.org
Mon Jun 8 18:16:47 EDT 2009

On Mon, Jun 08, 2009 at 05:14:27PM -0500, Gökhan SEVER wrote:
>    IPython's edit command works in a similar fashion, too.

>    edit test.py

The cool thing is that you can select text in the editor and execute in
EPDLab. On the other hand, I know that IPython has hooks to grow this in
the code base, and I would like this to grow also directly in IPython.

Hell, I use vim. How cool would it be to select (using visual mode)
snippets in vim, and execute them in a running Ipython session.

Gaël