[Numpy-discussion] Definitions of pv, fv, nper, pmt, and rate

David Goldsmith d_l_goldsmith at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 8 23:18:04 EDT 2009

--- On Mon, 6/8/09, Skipper Seabold <jsseabold at gmail.com> wrote:

> There was a recent discussion about numpy.financial in this
> thread
> <http://mail.scipy.org/pipermail/numpy-discussion/2009-May/042709.html>.
>
> Skipper

Thanks, Skipper.  Having now read that thread (but not the arguments, provided elsewhere, for the existence of numpy.financial in the first place), and considering that the only references mentioned there are also electronic ones (which, for the purpose of referencing sources in the function docs, I believe we're wanting to shun as much as possible), I formally "move" that numpy.financial (or at least that subset of it consisting of functions which are commonly subject to multiple definitions) be moved out of numpy.  (Where _to_ exactly, I cannot say.)

DG