[Numpy-discussion] Inquiry Regarding F2PY Windows Content

David Cournapeau david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Tue Jun 9 22:43:18 EDT 2009

Carl, Andrew F (AS) wrote:

> Would it be a reasonable request, that the "F2PY Windows" web page
> contain known combinations of version numbers for Python, Numpy and
> Gfortran verified to play nice? Some references as to queried compiler
> system environmental variables would be useful also.

I have added some numpy.distutils support for gfortran on windows, but
Windows + gfortran  + numpy is unlikely to work well unless you build
numpy by yourself with gfortran. I have actually been considering a move
to gfortran for windows builds, but I would prefer waiting mingw to
officially support for gcc 4.* series.

cheers,

David