[Numpy-discussion] Question about memmap

David Goldsmith d_l_goldsmith at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 10 02:41:08 EDT 2009

--- On Tue, 6/9/09, Gökhan SEVER <gokhansever at gmail.com> wrote:

> You mean you modified the rst documents in the numpy
> trunk?

No, at least I don't think so, I made the modification at:

http://docs.scipy.org/numpy/docs/numpy.core.memmap.memmap/

and, IIUC, the "auto-sync" between the Wiki and the rst is one-way: rst changes automatically propagate to the Wiki, but not vice-versa; anyone, please correct me if I'm wrong, and if I'm right, please elaborate on precisely what has to happen for Wiki changes to be propagated to the rst (because I don't know).

> > at or memmap? from IPython.
>
> Sorry, no authority over there.
>
> What do you mean by this?

Sorry again, I don't "do" IPython, so when I saw "at or memmap? from IPython" I thought you must be referring to IPython's independent help doc system, and, by extension, the people who are responsible for it.  But Robert set me straight.

> > I thought it will happily work with text files too :(
>
> Not the soln. you were hoping for, I know, sorry.
>
> I was going to compare a script with memmap and loadtxt
> versions of data loading and processing. It still works fine
> with loadtxt :)

Good.

DG