[Numpy-discussion] [OFFTOPIC] Reference management for articles

Skipper Seabold jsseabold at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 00:18:15 EDT 2009

On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 11:29 PM, Gökhan SEVER<gokhansever at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for sharing your ideas on this subject.
>
> What I am most likely going to do is, do a test-drive for each mentioned
> tools, except the ones for MacOS :) since I use Linux (Fedora) almost all
> the time.
>
> I also use OO for composing, and once in a while MS Office tools. I may give
> 'LyX' a try since it is mentioned alot (or I am just coming across
> publishings where people use LyX)

FWIW since you're using Linux, I use KBibTeX (if you use KDE or even
if not) and LyX.  With KBibTeX I just get Google Scholar to output
BibTeX along with the articles and edit the source as I need.  I don't
know about journal quality papers (or support for very complex
mathematics so I've heard), but LyX suits my needs (presentations,
homeworks, papers, CV) perfectly and you can always modify the source,
import or write your own class, or input raw TeX if you need to change
some behavior.  Not to mention the (configurable) keyboard
shortcuts...

Cheers,

Skipper