[Numpy-discussion] Ready for review: PyArrayNeighIterObject, an iterator to iterate over a neighborhood in arbitrary arrays

David Cournapeau david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Sat Jun 13 09:46:48 EDT 2009

Hi,

    I have cleaned up a bit the code, and would like to suggest the
inclusion of a neighborhood iterator for numpy. Stéfan took a look at it
already, but it needs more eyeballs. It is a "subclass" of
PyArrayIterObject, and can be used to iterate over a neighborhood of a
point (handling boundaries with 0 padding for the time being).

http://codereview.appspot.com/75055/show

I have used it to replace the current for code correlateND in
scipy.signal, where it works quite well (I think it makes the code more
readable in that case).

cheers,

David