[Numpy-discussion] passing arrays between processes

Lisandro Dalcin dalcinl at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 16:42:41 EDT 2009

On Sun, Jun 14, 2009 at 5:27 PM, Bryan Cole<bryan at cole.uklinux.net> wrote:
>>  In fact, I should have specified previously: I need to
>> deploy on MS-Win. On first glance, I can't see that mpi4py is
>> installable on Windows.
>
> My mistake. I see it's included in Enthon, which I'm using.

Hi, Bryan... I'm the author of mpi4py...

If you are going to run your code in a single multicore machine, then
you should likely use Sturla's extension... As you noticed, MPI is a
bit "complicated". Moreover, you will have two dependencies: the core
MPI implementation, and mpi4py.

These "complications" and extra dependencies however do make sense in
the case of DISTRIBUTED computing, i.e, you want to take advantage of
many machines to perform your computations. In such cases, MPI is the
"smart" approach, and mpi4py the best wrapper out there...

--
Lisandro Dalcín