[Numpy-discussion] Plans for Numpy 1.4.0 and scipy 0.8.0

Charles R Harris charlesr.harris at gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 11:53:18 EDT 2009

On Sun, Jun 21, 2009 at 9:42 AM, Charles R
Harris<charlesr.harris at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 21, 2009 at 8:55 AM, Darren Dale<dsdale24 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sun, Jun 21, 2009 at 10:38 AM, John Reid <j.reid at mail.cryst.bbk.ac.uk>
>> wrote:

>>> I vote against dropping support for python 2.5. Personally I have no
>>> incentive to upgrade to 2.6 and am very happy with 2.5.
>>
>> Will requiring python-2.6 help the developers port numpy to python-3?
>>

> Can't really say at this point, but it is the suggested path to
> python-3. I raised the point to start a discussion. My thoughts are
> that we need to make the move at some point next year.

Before that move we should have a version of numpy that doesn't need
many fixes and that supports developments in scipy so that folks can
get good functionality sticking to that release for a while without
upgrading. But we do need to think a bit about what that entails.

Chuck