[Numpy-discussion] MKL Path error on Cygwin after installing on windows.

David Cournapeau david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Mon Jun 22 09:33:32 EDT 2009

Hi Sandeep,

Sandeep Devadas wrote:
> Hello There,
>                 My name is Sandeep Devadas and im trying to install
> numpy for python on Cygwins latest version(1.5.xx) on Windows XP.I'm
> getting an error message when I follow the instructions given at
> http://www.scipy.org/Installing_SciPy/Windows

You can't build a native numpy for windows on cygwin. You need to build
from cmd.exe and a native python (from python.org). Note also that
building numpy with the MKL is relatively complex - we may not be able
to help you to do it completely.

> (I have searched for the files and except for mkl_ia32,the
> rest-->mkl_c_dll & libguide40 are available at C:\Program
> Files\Intel\MKL\10.0.5.025\ia32\lib

Most likely, on cygwin, numpy only looks for libraries usable from
cygwin (libfoo.a, libfoo.dll). Try again under a native windows shell
(cmd.exe)

cheers,

David