[Numpy-discussion] Bilateral filter

Zachary Pincus zachary.pincus at yale.edu
Sun Mar 1 17:23:02 EST 2009

> 2009/3/1 Zachary Pincus <zachary.pincus at yale.edu>:
>> Dag, the cython person who seems to deal with the numpy stuff, had
>> this to say:
>>> - cimport and import are different things; you need both.
>>> - The "dimensions" field is in Cython renamed "shape" to be closer
>>> to the Python interface. This is done in Cython/Includes/numpy.pxd
>
> Thanks for following up.  I made the fixes in:
>
> http://github.com/stefanv/bilateral.git

Cool! Does this, out of curiosity, break things for you? (Or Nadav?)

> I think we should combine all these image processing algorithms (and
> the ones you sent to the list) into an image processing scikit.  We've
> certainly got enough algorithms lying around!
>
> If you think that's a good idea, I'll set it up this coming week.

I'm all for it. I've got a few other bits lying around that might be
good there too:
  - 2D iso-contour finding (sub-pixel precision)
  - 2D image warping via thin-plate splines

I also have some code for various geometric algorithms lying around:
  - calculating optimal rigid alignments of point-sets ("Procrustes
Analysis")
  - line intersections, closest points to lines, distance to lines, etc.

if that would be of any use to anyone.

Zach