[Numpy-discussion] Faster way to generate a rotation matrix?

David Warde-Farley dwf at cs.toronto.edu
Wed Mar 4 02:30:30 EST 2009

On 4-Mar-09, at 1:50 AM, Hoyt Koepke wrote:

> I would definitely encourage you to check out cython.  I have to write
> lots of numerically intensive stuff in my python code, and I tend to
> cythonize it a lot.

Seconded. I recently took some distance computation code and
Cythonized it, I got an absolutely absurd speedup after about five
minutes of effort to remind myself how numpy+cython play together
(see: http://wiki.cython.org/tutorials/numpy ).

I know some people are reluctant to use anything where their code
isn't standard python (possibly with ctypes fiddling) but Cython is
definitely worth it for replacing bottlenecks.

David