[Numpy-discussion] Why using cblas in umath_test ?

David Cournapeau david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Wed Mar 4 08:13:54 EST 2009

Hi,

    I re-enabled umath tests (to test generalized ufuncs), to fix
remaining issues, but I think there is something fundamentally wrong
with it: it assumes cblas is available, which is not true. It happens to
work on (some) Linux and mac os X only because those platforms provide
cblas and blas in the same libraries (Atlas, Accelerate framework).
    Is there a rationale for using cblas at all ? Why not using straight
C functions - it is not like we care about speed for tests, right ? Or
am I missing something ?

cheers,

David