[Numpy-discussion] N-D array interface page is out of date

Andrew Straw strawman at astraw.com
Fri Mar 6 12:16:33 EST 2009

Hi,

I have updated http://numpy.scipy.org/array_interface.shtml to have a
giant warning first paragraph describing how that information is
outdated. Additionally, I have updated http://numpy.scipy.org/ to point
people to the buffer interface described in PEP 3118 and implemented in
Python 2.6/3.0. Furthermore, I have suggested Cython has a way to write
code for older Pythons that will automatically support the buffer
interface in newer Pythons.

If you have knowledge about these matters (Travis O. and Dag,
especially), I'd appreciate it if you could read over the pages to
ensure everything is actually correct.

Thanks,
Andrew