[Numpy-discussion] Google summer of Code 2009

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Tue Mar 10 14:32:32 EDT 2009

Michael Droettboom wrote:
> The PSF will do the work of applying to Google -- we can encourage
> prospective students and mentors to apply through the PSF.

hmmm -- I wonder if that is best -- it would put MPL projects in
competition with all other python projects.

My first thought is that a SciPy application would be best -- with
SciPy, numpy, MPL, Sage, Cython, etc, it's plenty big, but would have a
bit more focus.

As an example, wxPython has been a mentoring organization for the last
few years.

Not that I'm volunteering to put together the application....

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov