[Numpy-discussion] [SciPy-user] Google summer of Code 2009

Jarrod Millman millman at berkeley.edu
Tue Mar 10 15:07:32 EDT 2009

On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 11:32 AM, Christopher Barker
<Chris.Barker at noaa.gov> wrote:
> hmmm -- I wonder if that is best -- it would put MPL projects in
> competition with all other python projects.
>
> My first thought is that a SciPy application would be best -- with
> SciPy, numpy, MPL, Sage, Cython, etc, it's plenty big, but would have a
> bit more focus.

I spoke with the SoC coordinator about this last year and was told
they would prefer us to stay under the PSF umbrella.  This year they
plan to sponsor fewer mentoring organizations, I believe (so less
chance we would get accepted).  Finally, the deadline for submitting
an application to be a mentoring organization is Friday (March 13) at
12 noon PDT:
http://code.google.com/opensource/gsoc/2009/faqs.html#0_1_mentoring_orgs_52990812492_14255507054617844