[Numpy-discussion] Numpy documentation: status and distribution for 1.3.0

Pauli Virtanen pav at iki.fi
Wed Mar 11 07:38:06 EDT 2009

Wed, 11 Mar 2009 16:20:47 +0900, David Cournapeau wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 3:22 AM, Pauli Virtanen <pav at iki.fi> wrote:
[clip]
>> Sphinx 0.5.1 worksforme, and on two different Linux machines (and
>> Python versions), so I doubt it's somehow specific to my setup.
>
> Yes, it is strange - I can make it work on my workstation, which has the
> same distribution as  my laptop (where it was failing). I am still
> unsure about the possible differences (sphinx version was of course the
> same).

Did you check Pythonpath and egg-overriding-pythonpath issues? There's
also some magic in the autosummary extension, but it's not *too* black,
so I'd be surprised if it was behind these troubles.

[clip: Sphinx issue #81]
> Ah, that may be part of the problem. I can't make a clean build on mac
> os x, because of the "too many opened files" thing. Maybe mac os x has a
> ulimit kind of thing I should set up to avoid this.

Perhaps it even has ulimit, being a sort of POSIX system?

> Concerning the doc, I would like to add a few notes about the work we
> did for the C math lib: is it ok to add a chapter to the C reference
> guide, or is there a more appropriate place?

C reference guide is probably the correct place. Since the topic is a bit
orthogonal to anything else there currently, I'd suggest creating a new
file c-api.npymath.rst and linking it to the toctree in c-api.rst

--
Pauli Virtanen