[Numpy-discussion] numpy via easy_install on windows

David Cournapeau cournape at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 23:17:03 EDT 2009

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 8:08 PM, Jon Wright <wright at esrf.fr> wrote:

> I'd like to have numpy as a dependency being pulled into a virtualenv
> automatically. Is that possible with the binary installer?

I don't think so - but I would think that people using virtualenv are
familiar with compiling softwares.

I now remember that numpy could not be built from sources by
easy_install, but I believe we fixed the problem. Would you mind using
on a recent svn checkout ? I would like this to be fixed if that's
still a problem,

Distributing eggs on windows would be too troublesome, I would prefer
avoiding it if we can,

David