[Numpy-discussion] Enhancements for NumPy's FFTs

Pauli Virtanen pav at iki.fi
Sun Mar 15 12:32:59 EDT 2009

Mon, 16 Mar 2009 00:33:28 +0900, David Cournapeau wrote:

> Sturla Molden wrote:
>>
>> There is a version of fftpack_litemodule.c, fftpack.c and fftpack.h
>> that does this attached to ticket #1055. The two important changes are
>> releasing the GIL and using npy_intp for 64 bit support.
>>

> Would it be possible to make the changes as a patch (svn diff) - this
> makes things easier to review.

Also, you could post the patch on the http://codereview.appspot.com site.
Then it would be easier to both review and to keep track of its
revisions. (Attachments, especially whole-file ones sent on the mailing
list are IMHO significantly more cumbersome for all parties concerned.)

In practice the code review tool is also easier to use than sending SVN
diffs to the mailing list. If you are working on a SVN checkout, I
recommend using the upload tool

	http://codereview.appspot.com/static/upload.py

to upload the patch to the code review site. Just do

	python upload.py

on the SVN checkout containing your changes. (You'll need a Google
account for this, though.) When revising the patch after the initial
upload, specify the Codereview site issue number to the upload:

	python upload.py -i 12345

so that the new version of the patch is marked as an improved version of
the old one.

--
Pauli Virtanen