[Numpy-discussion] [Announce] Numpy 1.3.0b1

Bruce Southey bsouthey at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 11:24:20 EDT 2009

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 9:32 AM, David Cournapeau
<david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp> wrote:
> Bruce Southey wrote:
>> Hi,
>> Apparently not:
>>
>> Python 2.6.1 (r261:67517, Dec  4 2008, 16:51:00) [MSC v.1500 32 bit
>> (Intel)] on win32
>>

> Well, installing 64 bits numpy on 32 bits python will not work very well :)
>
> I am surprised the installation worked at all (I noticed msi were less
> robust than pure wininst.exe-based installers w.r.t python
> verification/installation, though). I am not sure I can do anything to
> guard against this, unfortunately,
>
> cheers,
>
> David

Sorry I wanted to ensure I had a clean slate and got the wrong Python version.

Having fixed that, I see the message so I do have the right version.

I can not import numpy in IDLE even if the anti-virus software is
disabled. However I can get to work with the command line without
disabling the anti-virus software. But I do get the occasional crash
when trying to import numpy.

Usually the test_scalarmath.TestTypes fails but occasionally it does
pass (10 to 20% of the time) and there are not further unexpected
failures.

Bruce