[Numpy-discussion] Built Lapack, Atlas from source.... now numpy.linalg.eig() hangs at 100% CPU

Chris Colbert sccolbert at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 22:32:38 EDT 2009

Ok, im getting the same error on an install of straight ubuntu 8.10

the guy in this thread got the same error as me, but its not clear how he
worked it out:
http://www.mail-archive.com/numpy-discussion@scipy.org/msg13565.html

from googling here:
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/binutils/2004-12/msg00033.html

it says that the library was not built correctly.

does this mean my atlas .so's (which i built via -> make ptshared) are
incorrect?

I suppose I could just grab atlas from the repositories, but that would be
admitting defeat.

Chris