[Numpy-discussion] How to tell whether I am using 32 bit or 64bit numpy?

David Cournapeau david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Sat Mar 28 09:16:02 EDT 2009

Dinesh B Vadhia wrote:
> Uhmmm!  I installed 64-bit Python (2.5x) on a Windows 64-bit Vista
> machine (yes, strange but true) hoping that the 32-bit Numpy & Scipy
> libraries would work but they didn't.

That's a totally different situation: in your case, python and numpy
share the same address space in one process (for all purpose, numpy is a
dll for python), and you certainly can't mix 32 and 64 bits in the same
process. What you can do is running 32 bits numpy/scipy for a 32 bits
python on windows 64 bits...

... or helping us making numpy and scipy work on windows 64 bits by
testing the experimental 64 bits builds of numpy/scipy for windows :)

cheers,

David