[Numpy-discussion] DVCS at PyCon

David Cournapeau david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Tue Mar 31 01:59:09 EDT 2009

Eric Firing wrote:

> I agree.  The PEP does not show overwhelming superiority (or, arguably,
> even mild superiority) of any alternative

I think this PEP was poorly written. You can't see any of the
advantage/differences of the different systems. Some people even said
they don't see the differences with svn. I think the reason partly is
that the PEP focused on existing python workflows, but the whole point,
at least for me, is to change the general workflow (for reviews, code
contributions, etc...). Stephen J. Turnbull sums it up nicely:

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2009-March/087968.html

FWIW, I tend to agree that Hg is less disruptive than git when coming
from svn, at least for the simple tasks (I don't know hg enough to have
a really informed opinion for more advanced workflows).

cheers,

David