[Numpy-discussion] view takes no keyword arguments exception

Pierre GM pgmdevlist at gmail.com
Wed May 20 22:09:08 EDT 2009

On May 20, 2009, at 9:57 PM, Jochen Schroeder wrote:
> Sorry maybe I phrased my question wrongly.  I don't want to change
> the code (This was just a short example).
> I just want to know why it is failing on his system and what he
> can do so that a.view(dtype='...') is working. I suspected it was an
> old
> numpy installation but the person is saying that he installed a new
> version and is still seeing the same problem (or does he just have an
> old version of numpy floating around).

Likely to be the second possibiity, the ghost of a previous
installation. AFAIR, the keywords in .view were introduced in 1.2 or
just after.
A safe way to check would be to install numpy 1.3 in a virtualenv and
check that it works. If it does (expected), then you may want to ask
your user to start afresh (remove 1.1.1 and 1.3 and then reinstall 1.3
from a clean slate).
My 2c.
P.