[Numpy-discussion] Home for pyhdf5io?

David Warde-Farley dwf at cs.toronto.edu
Thu May 21 16:38:23 EDT 2009

Hi Albert,

So this is a wrapper on top of PyTables to implement load() and
save()? Neat.

Obviously if you're installing PyTables, you can do a lot better and
organize your data hierarchically without the messiness of Matlab
structures, walk the node tree, all kinds of fun stuff, but if  you're
an expatriate matlab user and just want to save some matrices... this
is great. Notably, that was one of my gripes about ipython+numpy+scipy
+matplotlib when I first came from Matlab.

I think you should send a message to the PyTables list, ask Francesc
if he thinks it has a place in PyTables for it as a 'lite' wrapper or
something, for people who need to save data but don't need/are
intimidated by all the features that PyTables provides.

David