[Numpy-discussion] add xirr to numpy financial functions?

Pierre GM pgmdevlist at gmail.com
Mon May 25 19:37:33 EDT 2009

On May 25, 2009, at 7:02 PM, josef.pktd at gmail.com wrote:

> On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 6:36 PM, Pierre GM <pgmdevlist at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> Sorry to jump in a conversation I haven't followed too deep in
>> details, but I'm sure you're all aware of the scikits.timeseries
>> package by now. This should at least help you manage the dates
>> operations in a straightforward manner. I think that could be a nice
>> extension to the package: after all, half of the core developers is a
>> financial analyst...
>
> The problem is, if the functions are enhanced in the current numpy,
> then scikits.timeseries is not (yet) available.

Mmh, I'm not following you here...

> Pierre, your not already hiding by chance any finance code in your
> timeseries scikit? :)

Ah, you should ask Matt, he's the financial analyst, I'm the
hydrologist... Would moving_funcs.mov_average_expw do something you'd
find useful ?
Anyhow, if the pb you have are just to specify dates, I really think
you should give the scikits a try. And send feedback, of course...