[Numpy-discussion] Solaris Sparc build broken

David Cournapeau cournape at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 14:11:18 EST 2009

On Thu, Nov 5, 2009 at 2:15 AM, Michael Droettboom <mdroe at stsci.edu> wrote:
> I'm getting the following from r7603 on Solaris Sparc -- somehow related
> to not having a long double version of next after available.  I realise
> not everyone has access to (or is dependent on) this platform, so I'm
> willing to help in whatever way I can, I'm just not sure I understand
> the change yet.

The only way to implement nextafter that I know of requires to know
the exact representation of the floating point number, and long double
is unfortunately platform dependent.

What is the long double format on solaris sparc ? (big endian I
suppose, but how many bits for the mantissa and  exponent ? Does it
follow IEER754 ?)

cheers,

David