[Numpy-discussion] Solaris Sparc build broken

David Cournapeau cournape at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 05:37:27 EST 2009

On Thu, Nov 5, 2009 at 6:15 PM, Charles R Harris
<charlesr.harris at gmail.com> wrote:

> Well, I don't agree that it is slow or complicated ;) Hey, if we needed code
> that went zoom, zoom, zoom, we wouldn't be using python, now would we.

If we do not care about speed at all, there is no point implementing
those in C :) The functionalities which depend on the representation
are in macro/inline, making them functions would considerably slow
them down I am afraid.

But I found a way to do it at compile time - it would just need
special-case for windows and universal build to work properly,

David