[Numpy-discussion] Accessing LAPACK and BLAS from the numpy C API

David Cournapeau david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Mon Nov 9 02:43:16 EST 2009

Fernando Perez wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 7, 2009 at 12:41 PM, Sturla Molden <sturla at molden.no> wrote:
>
>> You find a C function pointer wrapped in a CObject in the ._cpointer
>> attribute.
>>

> Sorry, in the ._cpointer attribute of what precisely?

If Sturla refers to CObject as defined in the python C API, then the
underlying lapack functions are not wrapped into a C object (this is not
done automatically). The lapack_lite functions such as dgeev and co are
standard python function (with *self and *args args, i.e. wrappers
around the underlying 'true' lapack function).

The safe way to access them, since they are not exposed, is to call the
function at the python level in your C code, but I don't think that's
what you want,

cheers,

David