[Numpy-discussion] Vector interpolation on a 2D grid (with realistic results)

Scott Sinclair scott.sinclair.za at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 01:48:53 EST 2009

>2009/11/8 Pierre GM <pgmdevlist at gmail.com>:
> Chris, I gonna poke around and try to find some kriging algorithms.
> I'll report in a few. In the meantime, if anybody has anythng already
> implemented, please just let us know.

A little late with the reply.

I've used gstat (http://www.gstat.org/) in two ways 1) by running the
executable from Python using os.system() and 2) using the rpy
interface to the gstat R package. It's a little clunky but works and
is quick and easy to set up. If you need to see some code for option 2
I can dig it up.

You might also look at SGEMS http://sgems.sourceforge.net/ there is a
Python interface, but I haven't used it.

Cheers,
Scott