[Numpy-discussion] Multiple Regression

Gökhan Sever gokhansever at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 22:33:09 EST 2009

On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 9:14 PM, Sturla Molden <sturla at molden.no> wrote:
> Alexey Tigarev skrev:
>> I have implemented multiple regression in a following way:
>>

> You should be using QR or SVD for this.
>
> Sturla

Seeing this QR and SVD terms I recalled the answer to the "I am the very
model for a student mathematical" poem. I am just quoting the answer part
for the full poem see Google :) My apologies for the noise in the subject...

"When you have learnt just what is meant by 'Jacobian' and 'Abelian';
When you at sight can estimate, for the modal, mean and median;
When describing normal subgroups is much more than recitation;
When you understand precisely what is 'quantum excitation';

When you know enough statistics that you can recognise RV;
When you have learnt all advances that have been made in SVD;
And when you can spot the transform that solves some tricky PDE,
You will feel no better student has ever sat for a degree.

Your accumulated knowledge, whilst extensive and exemplary,
Will have only been brought down to the beginning of last century,
But still in matters rational, and logical and practical,
You'll be the very model of a student mathematical."

*
*K. F. Riley, with apologies to W.S. Gilbert *

--
Gökhan