[Numpy-discussion] Bug in rec.fromarrays ; plus one other possible bug

John Hunter jdh2358 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 09:55:33 EST 2009

On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 8:48 AM, Dan Yamins <dyamins at gmail.com> wrote:

> Am I just not supposed to be working with length-0 string columns, period?

But why would you want to?  array dtypes are immutable, so you are
saying: I want this field to be only empty strings now and forever.
So you can't initialize them to be empty and then fill them later.  If
by construction it is always empty, why have it at all?

Then again, numpy allows me to create empty arrays.... x = np.array([])

JDH