[Numpy-discussion] Producing a Histogram When Bins Are Known

Wayne Watson sierra_mtnview at sbcglobal.net
Fri Nov 27 08:43:51 EST 2009

Thanks. That sounds like it should help a lot. Finding meaningful
examples anywhere hasn't been easy. I thought I'd look through Amazon
for books on Python and scientific uses. I found almost all were written
by authors outside the US, and none seemed to talk about items like
matplotlib. Ezdraw or something like that was often cited. I'm
definitely in a learning stage, and much of what I need is in graphics
to support some data analysis that I'm doing.

Glad to hear it can gather bins into groups. It would be very
disappointing if such a mechanism did not  exist. In the distant past,
I've all too often had to write my own histogram programs for this,
FORTRAN, etc.  My data is from a 640x480 collection of b/w pixels, which
a processor has binned from 0-255, so I don't want repeat doing a
histogram on 307K data points.