[Numpy-discussion] Is anyone knowledgeable about dll deployment on windows ?

David Cournapeau cournape at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 12:21:34 EST 2009

On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 11:01 PM, Eloi Gaudry <eg at fft.be> wrote:
> David,
>
> I know this discussion first took place months ago, but I'd like to know
> whether or not you find a solution to the SxS assemblies issues using
> MSVC9.0.

Which issue exactly are you talking about ? When python is installed
for one user (when installed for all users, the C runtime is installed
in the SxS) ?

> In case you haven't (the binaries package for windows is built using
> mingw), I'd like to know if this would be possible to relocate all numpy
> *.pyd from their original location (i.e. site-packages/numpy/core/,
> etc.) to the main executable one (i.e. python.exe).

This sounds like a very bad idea: if packages start doing that, there
will quickly be clashes between extensions.

You would need to describe the exact scenario which is failing: how
python is installed, how you build numpy, what is not working with
which message, etc...

David